Just before Thanksgiving, I want to give one big sports rant and say what I’m thinking on this blog before you enjoy your turkey and stuffing.
Ladies and gentlemen,
THE A-TRAIN RANT 10.0!
- Jameis Winston should be the Heisman Trophy winner regardless of the outcome on if he’s charged with sexual assault. A.J. McCarron is good The Heisman Trophy award is for accomplishments done ON THE FIELD, not off of it. Now, I can see a person saying something like…”Well, what about Pete Rose?” Pete Rose STILL SHOULD NOT be in the Hall Of Fame. Why? Because the dirt he did was in baseball and during baseball. I hope this doesn’t become a race issue. I hope not.
- As much as I dislike Kobe Bryant, he put some truth on his social media followers about his “selfishness.” I hate to say it, but he’s the most loyal athlete. One team…17 seasons (although injured this season). He was right about the billions that the front office receives more than the players/athletes receive. Everybody wants a piece of the pie. Remember that. EVERYONE! He really is trying to be better than Jordan though, something about passing him in scoring is all he wants to do. He got the rings, MVPs, what else does he need to do?
- Chicago Bulls DO NOT NEED to tank for Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins…I wish people would stop saying that. Even if they did, the chances of them getting one of those guys are 1 in 4. Don’t believe me, look up the 2008 NBA Draft or check out the 1993 NBA Draft, and then read the 1985 NBA Draft when this whole lottery crap got started. Damn ping-pong balls. That’s why I hate David Stern. Come on February 1st (Stern’s last day as commissioner).
- LeBron James, as much as I dislike him too, should not go back to Cleveland. Anderson Varejao needs to shut his trap. What for? The fans dissed him, burned his jerseys and now they so desperate to win again, they want him back. If I’m LeBron, I’d tell ’em, “Kiss my ass. I love Miami.” Hypocrites.
- Alex Rodriguez is a jerk and I love it. The reason for that is because the good guy image (he’s been bad before this) in front of the camera is going south. From him going crazy in judicial hearings to him speaking out Mike Francesa’s radio show…where have you been crazy A-Rod? Let the madness continue. Trust me, it will. Definitely before 2014 spring training.
- After seeing some Monday Night Football and seeing Robert Griffin III get decimated by the 49ers…it’s still not a clear indicator that he should be the guy for the Redskins. Usually with 2nd year QBs, they get a 3rd year to indicate that. Same goes for Russell Wilson (even though he’s winning), Andrew Luck, and I’ll even be nice and say Brandon Weeden. The hell with that, Weeden stinks. Even on a good team, his best would be a backup role. Don’t like it, take it to the judge.
- Speaking of 1st-round QBs, Sam Bradford as a franchise QB has me wondering for the life of me…do the Rams really want to put their chips in him or find another potential franchise player but in a different round. I know it’s his 4th season and this was supposed to be THE YEAR for him. He got hurt against Carolina and ended all the dreams. Kellen Clemens is definitely NOT the answer but over the past couple of weeks has been solid enough to get quality wins. Still pissed about that Seattle game though, it was a clear game-changing moment wasted.
- The Missouri Tigers could be the greatest underdog to make the national championship. Yes, I understand they have a test this week in Texas A&M and a much bigger test in Alabama (if they make it to the SEC championship). We’ll see what happens come Saturday.
- I can’t see why Lee Smith and Jack Morris are NOT in the Hall of Fame. They were by far the most dominant at their positions in the 1980s and early ’90s (closer and starter, respectively). What is the problem here? Next year’s class will have Frank Thomas, Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine headlining the class for sure. Lee Smith had 478 saves in his career and Morris had 254 wins in his career. But guys like Bruce Sutter and Jim Palmer are in the Hall of Fame. Sutter had 300 saves but Palmer had more wins than Morris at 268. WHAT IS THE FIGURE TO MAKE THE HALL OF FAME? I don’t get it.
- Jason Kidd should have never been a head coach in the NBA.
- What the hell is a clean tackle in the NFL? I’ll leave it at that.
After all of this, my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims that were lost in the construction of the new stadium being built for the 2014 World Cup of soccer.