Time for another edition of The A-Train Rant…
- I want to first say thank you to the people at Fox and MLB for completely dropping the ball during the All-Star Game. No mention of Tony Gwynn at all. I understand everything was meant for Derek Jeter but hell, give credit to one of the greatest hitters our generation has ever seen. Damn sure didn’t help when Ken Rosenthal tried to explain the situation later.
- I wonder why Erin Andrews got the NFL on Fox gig over the now departed Pam Oliver. Was it hair? Race? (No, not the race card) I see why the people at WEEI went completely in on her. It wasn’t right to say but hey, I didn’t make the comments.
- The MLB All-Star Game is ALL Bud Selig’s fault…he made an exhibition too serious. (Was slated in my rant about the All-Star game)
- The Los Angeles Lakers are not going anywhere next season. Great job adding Carlos Boozer (laughs)
- July 17th was the worst day this year for sports…they weren’t any. If you want to count golf, cricket and the WNBA, go right ahead.
- The Miami Heat have a better chance to win the East over the Miami Cavaliers (aka Cleveland).
- Adam Wainwright should learn to keep his mouth shut.
- Kevin Love is not going anywhere.
- Derek Jeter is hated so much…Deadspin went this far.
- Kevin Durant is going to Washington in 2 seasons.
- Stuart Scott is the greatest. Just watch his ESPYs speech.
- Shoutout to Dr. J, straight chin-checking Stephen A. Smith on First Take.
- When does football season start?
More to come.