It’s the weekend and I have some things that need to be said…
- Jason Kidd coaching the Brooklyn Nets is like Whoopi Goldberg’s character Eddie coaching the New York Knicks…it’s a joke.
- Chris Petersen is a great hire for Washington, he’ll start stealing those Pac-12 recruits from USC, UCLA and Oregon.
- Might have to start watching the 2014 World Cup, if not, I should start playing FIFA.
- Maybe Jay-Z is a smart guy after all. Kudos to him netting former New York Yankees 2nd baseman Robinson Cano a $240 million deal with the Seattle Mariners. Maybe Cano might humble himself after all in a new uniform. Then again, it’s Robinson Cano. Shoutout to Stephen A. Smith for calling out the Yankees on First Take. (NOTE: I rarely watch that show)
- Watched Bulls/Heat last night…I guess it’s one of those times the Heat plays like crapola before turning it up in the month of April.
- I really want Mizzou to win the SEC Championship just to see how screwy the BCS gang will be towards them.
- Curtis Granderson got $60 million from the New York Mets…Hey Mets management, how did that deal with Jason Bay work out? Curt, make your money! If you screw the Mets, I love every minute of it.
- Gary Kubiak getting fired from the Houston Texans was understandable, but don’t fire the man when he just got off a stroke. I don’t care how big or how small it was. Damn. I guess 11 straight losses made sure he got that ax quick.
- To the gamer who cussed during the middle of a game on NBA 2K14…do that again, it was hilarious.
- I want to see how the Downtown Athletic Club treats Jameis Winston now that he is not charged…My race card is ready to pulled if he doesn’t win the Heisman. He’s the favorite. Johnny Manziel and A.J. McCarron can both go to hell.
- I actually miss Lovie Smith. It’s time for him to get back in the saddle as head coach for a team…maybe the Houston Texans come to mind. I don’t know.
- I would actually laugh if the Miami Heat trade Dwyane Wade.
- What was the point of the Indianapolis Colts getting Trent Richardson? I’ll leave that for YOU to answer.
- DeMarcus Cousins should have no reason saying anything about anybody. You play for the Sacramento Kings dude, the Kings.
- What happened to the St. Louis Blues? Please EA, be correct on this prediction.
- So…is Kobe coming back?
That will wrap up this rant for today. More to come. Make sure you tune in to “Beyond The Ropes” on Youtube, comes on every Monday night after Raw. It’s LIVE and you can chat with the crew.
N The Zone TV is coming soon. You don’t want to miss that either.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday filled with joy, laughter, and sports. But even during my Thanksgiving holiday…I still found the urge to supply a rant.
- Mike Tomlin and Jason Kidd are both jerks. I REALLY lost a lot of respect for both coaches especially Mike Tomlin after he decided to pull some crapola on Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones. But Jason Kidd’s antics were no better. A soda? In the closing seconds of a ballgame? That’s pure stupidity on both ends. Kidd got a $50,000 fine for his stupidity. Tomlin will get his as well. I’m glad both of them lost their respective games. Tomlin’s days are numbered anyway. He thought it was so funny that he pulled the stunt. When that pink slip appears for him and he’s no longer the head coach, I’ll laugh at that.
- Kanye West says he is “the reason that Air Jordans are still popular today.” WOW. (laughs) Yeah right. And I’m the reason why Wheel Of Fortune is still on the air too.
- No more halftime shows during Thanksgiving games. Save that for the Super Bowl. And I hate it then too.
- EA should make only football and soccer video games.
Enjoy your Black Friday, enjoy the college football weekend season finale and more NFL action.
Back at it on Monday.
After letting a week go by without doing my rant…I actually have one in me.
- Shoutout to all the referees getting their jobs back and their deals were worked out. Let’s see how long it takes before fans are ready to lynch them all over again and be like…”Bring back the replacement refs.” Don’t tell that to a Packers fan though. *Smiles*
- Sunday was a good day for a St. Louis sports fan…Cardinals and Rams won. Any hope for the Blues though?
- About those Cardinals, despite the fact they won 2 out of 3 games against the Washington Nationals, I’m still ticked off about the decision made to pitch to red-hot Kurt Suzuki in the extra-inning affair of the 2nd game (Cardinals lost). Can’t do that come playoff time.
- Missouri beat Central Florida…big whoop. Alabama is next for them. I’ll let you figure that result.
- Speaking of the Rams, the defense is awesome. Amazing how, in the game against the Seahawks…defense and special teams scored all of their points. Offense scored zero. No TDs. That’s a problem and you got to lace them back up again on Thursday night against a re-surged (at least what we know of) Arizona squad (who just beat Miami in OT).
- The Kansas City Chiefs suck. The game against New Orleans was a fluke. Where’s Bob Fescoe (of 610 Sports Radio in KC) and his rant now? I’ll wait.
- NBA season is around the corner and so is NBA 2K13 (coming Oct. 2nd)
- (Even though I don’t like the team) Shoutout to Homer Bailey of the Cincinnati Reds, pitching baseball’s 7th no-hitter of the season. Damn, should we check pitchers for steroids now?
- Hockey season here yet? Hockey fans just suck it up and watch the NBA. Sorry.
- Kevin Garnett needs to retire from basketball if he’s going to act like an ex-wife. “Me and Ray Allen are not speaking to each other.” What the green and orange hell?
- I agree with Bomani Jones, Rasheed Wallace needs to coach. He gets his head on straight (pure longshot), I think he could do an awesome job. I don’t think he needs to play anymore. If you look at ‘Sheed, he could have been a dominate force in his career. DOMINANT. Awesome shooter, good post moves, and play crazy good defense. Maybe that was just with Detroit…but he was good though.
- Tiger Woods was the real reason that the US lost the Ryder Cup…nobody will really say that though. But I will. Hell, I like Tiger.
- Somewhere a Drew Brees hater is laughing his ass off. Saints now 0-4 after losing by 1 to the Packers.
- The NFC West is the best division in the NFL. Take that, NFL! Since the new alignment in 2002, I think this is the 1st time that this division has all of their teams at .500 or better.
- Cam Newton and the Panthers defense…YOU ARE THE “N THE ZONE” IDIOTS OF THE WEEK! Cam, if you’re going to do an ATL dance…do it after the game when you win. Panthers defense…learn the prevent defense.
I’m done. Not as big as I hoped. It’s all good though.
Thanks again to Nadine Liverpool (of SportsNAYtion) for that wonderful interview. Coming up, I’ll have author Allen Schatz with and discuss some of his baseball writings. Plus, looking forward to hopefully interviewing Jay Randolph, Jr. and Sara Bruce of the St. Louis sports radio show, “The Big Phat Sports Show.”
Time now for another great rant from the A-Train and it goes a little something like this…
- RGIII is a beast! That’s tough luck for the Rams (PLEASE prove me wrong St. Louis, PLEASE!)
- Jay Cutler just needs to shut the HELL up and play some football. BEARS FANS YOU CAN THANK ME LATER.
- Dwight Howard will be a hinder the L.A. Lakers…which means no championship for DH12…don’t believe me, ask James Worthy.
- The Mizzou Tigers might get only 1 win in the next three weeks…and I’m a Tiger fan.
- If the St. Louis Cardinals continue to keep playing so pitiful (yeah even the 2-1 win was pitiful…yet helpful), the Atlanta Braves will have a good laugh and sweet revenge. Trust me…they have not forgotten about last season.
- THE WASHINGTON NATIONALS ARE PURE IDIOTS! PURE IDIOTS! You have a top pitcher in Stephen Strasburg and say…”Well, let’s shut him down for the season. Don’t mess up that golden arm.” Manager Davey Johnson seriously doesn’t believe in this theory. He just fooling people that he is for this. Either way, I hope they get swept in the division series.
- Gary Bettman and David Stern are the dumbest commissioners in the four major sports.
- Bud Selig and Roger Goodell (BELIEVE IT OR NOT) are the smartest commissioners. Sad part…I can’t stand any of them, yet I’m stuck with them. A friend of mine is going to love these previous two statements. I can feel it. **Kanye shrug**
- I still have hope for the Baltimore Orioles winning the AL East…baseball needs a true shakeup and Baltimore is it. Hey, it’s going to happen in Boston, except in a bad and negative way.
- If replacement refs are keeping the NFL afloat, then just take it and leave them alone. It could be worse, no refs, no NFL games. SO BE THANKFUL.
- So Jim Calhoun retires…I wish the best for him. 29 seasons, 3 national championships…a good legacy for the most. Now, the stuff behind the scenes that were not so great, is between him, the University of Connecticut, the NCAA and God. Well…good luck to Kevin Ollie. But seriously though, a one-year trial??? He only gets one year to prove himself…C’mon man!
- As a sports gamer (person who plays sports video games for slow ones) I like EA Sports…BUT if they dare put out NBA Live 13 this fall, they should never make basketball video games again. IT’S ATROCIOUS, IT’S AN ABOMINATION TO FANS! Plus, that interview w/ the Live engineer…FORGET IT, I REFUSE TO DO IT, don’t ask why. Thanks.
- Speaking to EA Sports games…this is directed to EA Sports: If you know how to make good football games, WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING UP SHORT ON BASKETBALL, WHY? ASK YOURSELVES THAT, PLEASE! IT’S A DAMN SHAME!
- On a lighter note, shoutout to Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls…I’ll let you see it for yourself. He’s a class act in my opinion. More athletes need to be humble. REAL TALK. Here you go: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/derrick-rose-breaks-down-tears-shoe-company-product-130215847–nba.html
- UPDATE: Good to hear that Jerry “The King” Lawler is back after having a heart attack on last Monday’s LIVE Raw broadcast. The thing I don’t like is that the doctors that treated him said…HE CAN WRESTLE AGAIN? You’re serious? King, listen. You have had a storied career, but it’s really time to hang it up. Go back to the announcer’s table and stay there. GLUED TO THE SEAT! THANK YOU!
After that, I’m spent. Good day, folks.
The NBA season is over but the fun is just beginning. If you are a sports gamer like myself, the 3 biggest games in sports will completely keep you in the game. I’ll get into the topic about sports games and its realism at another time.
But today, 2K Sports and it’s high profile basketball games series NBA 2K, has revealed its cover athletes for the upcoming NBA 2K13. Judging from what I have seen in social media, the cover athletes’ reception is VERY negative. Either way it goes, I will be getting my copy. This series has stepped it up tremendously and it’s only getting better. This game will feature (for the first time) the NBA All-Star Weekend from Houston…(audience applause) THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Yes, I am very excited about that! I haven’t seen that since NBA Live 2005 when they had the Rookie Challenge, 3-Point Shootout and the Slam Dunk Contest. But it’s making a dramatic comeback. I can’t wait. And oh yeah, I forgot one thing. THE COVER! Check it out below. I like it and not just because I’m a Bulls fan.