For the first time on “The A-Train Show,” the A-Train welcomes Bauce (@bauce_man82) of the Forever Oakland Initiative. Here they discuss the happenings in Oakland with their lawsuit against the NFL, how they learned from St. Louis and what it could mean for the city of Oakland if St. Louis wins their lawsuit, in addition to showing love to guys in Los Angeles who are their biggest Twitter fans. An explosive 2-part (segment) conversation that brought out the feelings and humor of the A-Train and Bauce and is definitely one worth listening to.
ST. LOUIS, MO
Well, well, well look what fell into the well. The latest NFL rumor about the possibility the Oakland Raiders moving to Las Vegas has grown some legs. Now Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has come out and said that he wants the Raiders in Vegas. So you already know what that means. That means that not only this rumor has legs, it appears to be walking upright towards the 702 area code. Wow it was only just four months ago before the curtain was pulled down and the St.Louis Rams went back home, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said,”I want to keep our franchises in their current markets.”
First off that was a blatant lie by the commish, but I’m sure that wasn’t the only fib that has eased across his lips. Just for example, his stating that all three stadium proposals were not suffice to keep teams in current markets 48 hours before the decision was announced back in January. Then he followed that quip in the first week February which I might have found funny however, the quip was delivered by a guy whose credibility is below sea level. “If Al Davis was alive today, he would slap the league,” said Goodell. Honestly the NFL hasn’t been slapped enough. This cluster of madness happened on his watch makes him an easy target for angry fans but, he’s insulated by a handsome salary and greedy lust for money by owners that pay him to basically take all the public abuse and outrage.
Which brings me back to his boss and the real commissioner of the NFL, Jerry Jones. He didn’t want the Raiders in Los Angeles, he sure as hell didn’t want them in San Antonio, Texas. And St. Louis was never an option. If we didn’t learn anything from this stadium kenundrum its that what Jerry wants he gets. It was his power his influence that was the key factor in the Rams going back to Los Angeles. The St. Louis Task Force didn’t stand a chance in this rigged game. Or just go back when the NFL had realignment over a decade ago. The New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers, and Atlanta Falcons were moved to the NFC South. And that makes perfect geographical sense but, when it came to the Cowboys they stayed in the NFC East. Why? Cash money homie. The Cowboys staying in the NFC East blatantly spits in the eye of geographical realignment. Jones wasn’t having none of that. He got his way, notice how all the other professional teams that play in Dallas are either in the West or Southwest division?
Now back to this talk about the Raiders playing footsies with Sin City, the one caveat to this is Jones want Raiders owner Mark Davis to sell the team. Jones wants new ownership in Las Vegas. And he’s not concerned about the gambling and all the other fun that’s available in a city that’s chalked full of tourist and transplants from other parts of the United States. Davis who gained control of the franchise after his father passed in 2011 has refused to sell the Raiders. I recently talked with sports talk show host Melissa Ferris from GirlChatSports.com on a recent podcast and she had this to say; “I would go to a game, I would go to many games to watch what teams would come. Having a professional sports team here is like you never hear that.” It’s sounds more strong to be happening this year than in previous years, our Mayor Carolyn Goodman she’s behind it 100 percent,” said Ferris.
What about the price tag? The Raiders would put up 500 million, Sands Corporation 150 million, taxpayers 750 million and the NFL will contribute 200 million. Only 750 million in taxpayer dollars, again we are witnessing the NFL looking to solicit taxpayer dollars from people that are for the most part struggling financially. I saw a familiar line that went that the NFL is not going to leave free money on the table. Hell they already did it once leaving 400 million on the table in St.Louis. Whose to say it won’t happen again? And the for those that still wonder why the NFL didn’t just expand, the owners didn’t want to share the revenue. Something they will never admit, but they don’t have too. The NFL will expand or allow teams to move, when Jerry Jones says so.
Follow me on Twitter @thelegendkil
Follow N The Zone on Twitter @NTheZoneShow
It’s been such a long time since I have ranted that I might just do a HUGE rant for this one! But let’s go!
This rant is sponsored by…
- Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants winning their 2nd championship in 3 years. How sad it was for Miguel Cabrera who has just recently suffered the Carlos Beltran Syndrome. The Carlos Beltran Syndrome was made in 2006 after Beltran struck out in the 2006 NLCS freezing on a called third strike that ended that series. When you get frozen on a third strike to end a World Series…everything that was done that season almost meant nothing. Sorry Mr. Triple Crown.
- Pablo Sandoval isn’t in the same league as Albert Pujols, Babe Ruth and Reggie Jackson. But what he did in Game 1 was better than all 3. And I hate that. That’s just the homer in me.
- St. Louis Rams fans should be satisfied about the 3-5 record, forget what happened against New England in London. Yeah they gave up a couple of games and should have a winning record…but remember these are the Rams.
- Steven Jackson should be traded…time to give up the golden goose. YEAH I SAID IT. Tired of defending this dude.
- Sam Bradford finally has an offensive coordinator that will be back next season. Just need to work on the…offense.
- Jerry Jones needs to give up his job as general manager of Dallas. Tony Romo needs to give up his starting job as quarterback. Does the name Marc Bulger ring a bell? Jason Garrett needs to just be an offensive coordinator.
- Atlanta Falcons are 7-0. Guess what? BIG DEAL. Win a game in the playoffs, then you can celebrate. While you sitting there saying that I’m a hater. Let me put some truth in your minds. Last two playoff games the Falcons played, they lost to the Super Bowl winner. Having one of the first round byes doesn’t get a team to the Super Bowl…teams that constantly play get you there. Don’t believe me…ask the last two champions.
- If Lance Armstrong is banned from cycling, Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa need to be banned from baseball.
- Stephen A. Smith did not say the N-word…meaning he’ll keep his job on First Take.
- Cari Champion is the sexiest sportscaster on TV. Find me one better. And I’ll disagree with you.
- No hockey, sorry fans. You got the hardwood or the gridiron. Suck it up.
Well so much for the huge rant…might do another one this week. Stay tuned. Some NBA is in store…The Association coming soon.