Time for another edition of the A-Train Rant…now at 15.0!!
PRE-RANT: First off, Happy Birthday to game show host Bob Barker. Today he turned 90 years of age…90! The reason I rant about him is because if you watched today’s episode of “The Price Is Right” they were celebrating his 90th birthday. One of the trips in the show was a trip to St. Louis. Yes, that’s right…St. Louis. I found it funny. I wondered if the producers did their research on St. Louis. They did. They kept it in downtown mostly. The prize included a stay at the Four Seasons Hotel and 2 tickets to a Cardinals game next season. Why? All because Bob had a dream years ago (before being host of the world’s greatest game show) of pitching for the Redbirds. Well it didn’t happen. Whitey Herzog made sure of that. Glad that he’s a huge Redbirds fan though.
Now…to the real rants.
- Injuries have truly impacted sports for years…especially when your favorite player goes down and costs nearly a whole season to recover. I can’t remember where an impact injury on the team would later in the season win the whole thing. But then again, the biggest debate has been the safety of sports…is it needed or is it not? Sorry, I can’t answer that. I’m 50-50. With that…the next few rants will pertain to players that have impacted a particular team in some way. NOTE: Scratch that, the St. Louis Rams did it in 1999 when Trent Green went down. Who knows if he was a superstar though?
- Kobe and Jim Brown both need to chill. Their “war of words” were both not needed. Kobe needs to focus on how he can get Mike D’Antoni out of L.A.
- RGIII being benched is a risky move on Shanahan. I like the move though. I know the game is about money and sacking a franchise player is not the way to go. But he is not getting the job done (given that it’s just his 2nd year) then he has to sit down. Kirk Cousins is a good QB, it was shown in the game where RGIII was down…which proves that he should NOT been the NFL Rookie Of The Year…AT ALL.
- Stephen Curry is a beast.
- The Knicks beating up my Bulls was great for them…what else do they have going good for them these days? They need a point guard in the meantime.
- LeBron is hilarious saying that the Pacers are not a rival…yeah they haven’t beaten you in a 7-game series yet but they continue to bring the best out of you…just remember if the Pacers play the Heat…watch who does the crying during that series and get away with stuff too.
- I guess Josh McCown gets no love from Marc Trestman…despite their 2-2 record since Jay Cutler has been out, McCown has averaged 300+ yards per start with 10 TDs and yet you feel that Cutler is the man right now. #CrybabyStatusAlert
- This Nick Saban drama is giving me a headache. I hate it when big-time coaches have to be so damn secretive about their next move. Then get all kind of representatives from nowhere to say whether he is staying or going. For all we know, his ass could be lying too. Just have got to love media nowadays.
- The baseball winter meetings are getting real. Fights breaking out in parking lots. Stupid funny.
- Matt Elam will learn who Megatron really is. You don’t make comments about a superstar if you can’t back it up. Elam’s stat: 2 passes deflected, 0 interceptions…GOOD LUCK SIR! I actually agreed with Skip Bayless on this one.
That’s all I have for today. More to come. Actual blog coming up.
Tune in after every Monday Night Raw for “Beyond The Ropes.” on Youtube. All wrestling for one hour LIVE.