THIS A-TRAIN RANT IS SPONSORED BY…
THE ANGRY REDBIRD!
- Peyton Manning is the best QB of all-time…the hell with Brett Favre. After a comeback like that with a not so great team. He can damn near do anything.
- Matt Holliday, Jon Jay and Yadier Molina need to learn how to hit in the playoffs. A few instructional videos with Fred McGriff shouldn’t hurt. Don’t act like you don’t remember those.
- Jeff Fisher did a good thing on Sunday with Greg The Leg, trying for him to kick a (would have been record) 66-yard field goal. If he knows he can kick, what the hell else do you supposed to do on 4th down.
- Speaking of that Rams game, Sam Bradford needs to learn the 2-minute drill, and when to throw the football IMMEDIATELY. It costs the Rams a much needed road win.
- The Rams should be at least 5-1. YEAH, I SAID IT. Detroit and Miami should have been road wins. Unclear about that Chicago game but at least they should have been in the lead for those games. Tough breaks in those losses.
- Who in the hell is this Richard Sherman guy from Seattle? For a guy who hasn’t seen a postseason yet, he sure thinks he has the right to go tell off to a Super Bowl-winning QB that he is better than him. Get a championship first, then talk trash. Learn something from Gary Payton, even if it means going to another team to get it.
- Speaking of RGIII…I think he is finally learning what the NFL is like. After a mild concussion last week…Dude, they are just getting started with you.
- Speaking of Washington D.C., the Washington Nationals front office do not want to win any championships. If that’s the case, they should all be fired. NEXT SEASON!!
- The San Francisco Giants are no punks, they got to the NLCS for a reason. This is about to be (hopefully) a great NLCS, funny though how 2 things surface from this matchup. 1) 25 years ago, these two teams played to a thrilling 7-game series with the Cardinals, with the Cardinals winning that before losing to the Minnesota Twins in the Fall Classic. 2) These 2 teams are the last 2 champions, interesting to see who gets there again.
- NBA season is around the corner, NHL season is down in the dumps. Last year, it was the other way around.
- I don’t feel sorry for the New York Yankees. I’m a long-time hater and I don’t care. Feel sorry for Derek Jeter though. Looks like (as a friend put it) BALCO East needs to break out the juice for another comeback.
- The New York Giants are the best team in the NFC, until someone knocks them off, no one else is better. PERIOD. Just ask the San Francisco 49ers.
- Back to the Rams…they scored more points the 49ers did. Take that San Fran!
- Philip Rivers and Tony Romo are the same people…Yet, I think both are trying to fire their offensive head coaches. Shame on you!
- I’ll miss Ray Lewis…that man is cursed. He got in that Madden game again and now he won’t even play the rest of the season. I hope it’s not the last one. If so, this is a bad way to go out. Very bad way.
- I got at least 1 win in fantasy football this week, and that I didn’t have a full team with that.
Coming up, a Q/A interview with author Allen Schatz and hopefully get one of the ladies from the Lingerie Football League’s St. Louis Saints.
Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions (good ones please)