After letting a week go by without doing my rant…I actually have one in me.
- Shoutout to all the referees getting their jobs back and their deals were worked out. Let’s see how long it takes before fans are ready to lynch them all over again and be like…”Bring back the replacement refs.” Don’t tell that to a Packers fan though. *Smiles*
- Sunday was a good day for a St. Louis sports fan…Cardinals and Rams won. Any hope for the Blues though?
- About those Cardinals, despite the fact they won 2 out of 3 games against the Washington Nationals, I’m still ticked off about the decision made to pitch to red-hot Kurt Suzuki in the extra-inning affair of the 2nd game (Cardinals lost). Can’t do that come playoff time.
- Missouri beat Central Florida…big whoop. Alabama is next for them. I’ll let you figure that result.
- Speaking of the Rams, the defense is awesome. Amazing how, in the game against the Seahawks…defense and special teams scored all of their points. Offense scored zero. No TDs. That’s a problem and you got to lace them back up again on Thursday night against a re-surged (at least what we know of) Arizona squad (who just beat Miami in OT).
- The Kansas City Chiefs suck. The game against New Orleans was a fluke. Where’s Bob Fescoe (of 610 Sports Radio in KC) and his rant now? I’ll wait.
- NBA season is around the corner and so is NBA 2K13 (coming Oct. 2nd)
- (Even though I don’t like the team) Shoutout to Homer Bailey of the Cincinnati Reds, pitching baseball’s 7th no-hitter of the season. Damn, should we check pitchers for steroids now?
- Hockey season here yet? Hockey fans just suck it up and watch the NBA. Sorry.
- Kevin Garnett needs to retire from basketball if he’s going to act like an ex-wife. “Me and Ray Allen are not speaking to each other.” What the green and orange hell?
- I agree with Bomani Jones, Rasheed Wallace needs to coach. He gets his head on straight (pure longshot), I think he could do an awesome job. I don’t think he needs to play anymore. If you look at ‘Sheed, he could have been a dominate force in his career. DOMINANT. Awesome shooter, good post moves, and play crazy good defense. Maybe that was just with Detroit…but he was good though.
- Tiger Woods was the real reason that the US lost the Ryder Cup…nobody will really say that though. But I will. Hell, I like Tiger.
- Somewhere a Drew Brees hater is laughing his ass off. Saints now 0-4 after losing by 1 to the Packers.
- The NFC West is the best division in the NFL. Take that, NFL! Since the new alignment in 2002, I think this is the 1st time that this division has all of their teams at .500 or better.
- Cam Newton and the Panthers defense…YOU ARE THE “N THE ZONE” IDIOTS OF THE WEEK! Cam, if you’re going to do an ATL dance…do it after the game when you win. Panthers defense…learn the prevent defense.
I’m done. Not as big as I hoped. It’s all good though.
Thanks again to Nadine Liverpool (of SportsNAYtion) for that wonderful interview. Coming up, I’ll have author Allen Schatz with and discuss some of his baseball writings. Plus, looking forward to hopefully interviewing Jay Randolph, Jr. and Sara Bruce of the St. Louis sports radio show, “The Big Phat Sports Show.”